(AOF) – Tomorrow Atos will announce its strategic plan to restore its accounts. According to information from BFM Business, it will announce the carving of the historical activities of its IT services which will then be merged into a “separate legal entity”. This new company, which will remain in Atos, will have separate management and balance, to manage it independently.
AOF – LEARN MORE
– International leader in digital innovation created in 1997, European leader in cloud, cybersecurity and supercomputers;
– Activity € 10.8 billion, divided into 3 divisions – infrastructure and data management for 54% of sales, business solutions and platforms for 34% and big data and cybersecurity for 10%;
– Geographical balance of revenues: 23% of sales in North America, 25% in Northern Europe, 23% in Central Europe and 22% in Southern Europe;
– Sustainable digital transformation business model;
– Open capital (9.96% for the Siemens pension fund and 2.2% for employees), Bertrand Meunier heads the 13-member board of directors, Rodolphe Belmer is the managing director;
– Solid balance sheet with a debt/equity ratio of 28% and leverage of 1.9, so management does not include any increase in capital.
-New Approach: refocusing on digital, decarbonization, security and cloud, which should contribute 65% of medium-term revenues / recovery plan in Germany / towards a sale of on-site infrastructure and traditional activity of the datacenter, i.e., 1/5 of the revenue;
– Innovation strategy developed in 18 R&D centers with a portfolio of 3,000 patents: open innovation through partnerships with university centers (quantum computing, exascale computers, artificial intelligence, HPC, multicultural leadership, etc.), with alliances with other players (AWS, Dell). , Google, Huma, Microsoft, OVHCloud, Sparkle, etc.) and to the customer / 2 scientific community of expert collaborative group / Scaler program collaboration with 50 start-ups;
– An environmental approach supported by the Digital Transformation Factory, the Hybrid Cloud, the “Business Accelerators” solutions, the “Connected Intelligence” and the “Digital Workplace” and aims to address 3 key challenges: carbon neutrality from 2028 and reducing emissions in 2025 vs. 2021 / sales of decarbonization solutions, boosted by the acquisition of EcoAct / investments in hydrogen supercomputers and quantum technologies / launch of 1st “green” loan;
– Reinforcement of security with the purchase of the British company Cloudreach and the opening of a sovereign security center in Bulgaria;
– Visibility of activity with an order book equal to 2.1 years of turnover.
– Slowdown in order intake and reduction in the duration of new contracts;
– Russia-Ukraine war: low impact in terms of income (0.4%) but high in terms of labor force, services previously provided from Russia were transferred to India and Turkey;
– Expect a quick recovery after the loss recorded in 2021, against the backdrop of rumors of takeover bids of Airbus, Orange, etc. and the BDA’s IPO and security activities;
– After the beginning of the year marked by a decline in sales, the 2022 target, confirmed, of revenues from +0.5 to + 1.5%, an operating margin of 3 to 5% and free cash flow between + € 150m at € 200m
The talent war was further fueled by Facebook’s announcement, which aims to produce 10,000 hires over five years in Europe. The shortage of human resources is not limited to France or Europe: it is global. So 1.2 million computer engineers are expected to disappear by 2026 in the United States. In France, according to Numeum, federation of the digital sector, there is a shortage of approximately 10,000 computer engineers out of a total of 600,000 people working in software publishers and digital service companies (SSII). If the phenomenon is not new, it intensifies. This is reinforced both by the acquisition of certain companies, looking for developers to internalize their important digital projects, and the strong ambition of some start-ups.