The Business in Tandem initiative in a nutshell
The Montreal Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the City of Montreal, presents “Business in tandem”. This initiative aims to promote intermetropolitan trade through virtual conferences and B2B conferences featuring experts and companies doing business in target markets.
Why participate in the Tandem Business initiative between Tel-Aviv and Montreal?
Join us on May 26 for a 1.5 hour virtual event will provide flooring to experts on deep technology (high technology) from Tel-Aviv and Montreal. During the webinar, experts will present business opportunities at deep technology of their respective cities to companies from other metropolis. They will specifically discuss start-ups in the hypergrowth stage, referred to as “scale-ups” in deep technology. They will also emphasize the importance of building strategic alliances, given the current context.
Course of activity
Event Length: 90 minute program followed by an optional 30 minute networking session
animator : Alexandra Maier, Senior Director of Communications, Bonjour Startup Montréal
9:00 am (Montreal)/4: 00 pm (Tel-Aviv)-Welcome and welcome representatives from Montreal and Tel-Aviv (5 minutes)
- Véronique Doucet, Director of the Economic Development Department, City of Montreal
- Sharon Lande-Fischer, Managing Director, Tel Aviv Global
9:05 am (Montreal)/4: 05 pm (Tel-Aviv)-Security industry overview deep technology in Montreal (20 minutes)
- Alan Balki, Director, Foreign Investments – Northern Europe, Montreal International
- Richard Chenier, CEO, Centech
9:25 am (Montreal)/4: 25 pm (Tel-Aviv)-Security industry overview deep technology to Tel Aviv (20 minutes)
- Michal Michaeli, Director of International Economic Development, Tel Aviv Global & Tourism
- Inbal Arieli, Author, Serial Entrepreneur and Tech Influencer, Founder of Synthesis
9:45 am (Montreal)/4:45 pm (Tel-Aviv)-Overview of business culture in both cities (15 minutes)
- Anat Katz, Minister of Commercial Affairs – United States and Canada, Consulate General of Israel in New York
10:00 am (Montreal)/5: 00 pm (Tel-Aviv)-Panel of companies operating in Montreal and Israel
Facilitator: Professor Dafna Kariv, Head of the Dual Program in Entrepreneurship and Business Administration at the Adelson School of Entrepreneurship
- Nir Agiv, head of TD Innovation Center, Ltd. in Tel-Aviv
- Dr. Abdo Shabah, Founder, Humanitas
10:20 am (Montreal)/5:20 pm (Tel-Aviv)-Question time
10:28 am (Montreal)/5: 28 pm (Tel-Aviv)-Closing remarks
- Paul Hirschson, Consul General of Israel for Quebec and the Atlantic Provinces
10:30 am (Montreal)/5: 30 pm (Tel-Aviv)-Networking session (optional)
11:00 am (Montreal)/6: 00 pm (Tel-Aviv)-End of networking session and event
Montreal, a global hub for business deep technology:
- Since 2018, more than US $ 3 billion have been invested in venture capital in Montreal;
- 6 of the 8 most active venture capital firms in Canada in 2019 were based in Montreal;
- A strong presence of technology accelerators and incubators to support businesses deep technology;
- In AI, more than 600 independent researchers, 19,000 industry workers, more than 14,000 students enrolled in AI-related programs;
- More than 179,000 IT professionals and more than 5,000 businesses in Greater Montreal;
- 11 academic institutions;
- More than $ 1 billion in annual funding for university research;
- Research chairs at universities and laboratories around the world focused on AI, innovative manufacturing, medical technologies, and electrical and intelligent transportation;
- Scientific centers of excellence and innovative infrastructures;
- Investment and R&D tax credits;
- Major public incentives for the development of advanced technologies (5G, IoT, robotics, additive manufacturing, medical technology);
- Lowest operating costs in North America for software development;
- Some of the world leaders developing their AI expertise in Montreal (Google, Samsung, Facebook Research, Microsoft, Thales, Novartis, etc.).
Tel Aviv Ecosystem “ deep technology »:
- Tel Aviv is ranked the 6th ecosystem in the world (Startup Genome 2020) – Evolution from a city of startups to a capital of deep technology, with AI, fintech, big data and SaaS strengthening their leadership in the number of businesses, fundraisers and outings this year.
- The local tech ecosystem has shown increasing maturity with 14 new unicorns, a larger range of expanding companies, and a growing number of local and foreign investors – AI companies alone have earned more than US $ 3 billion in 2020, with an average financing round of US $ 20 million.
- Internet of Things startups have three major releases, averaging US $ 1 billion each.
- Tel Aviv is known for its sought after talent and more than 130 accelerators and incubators.
B2B meetings are optional
To maximize the benefits, we offer the organization of virtual B2B business meetings with potential customers or partners from Tel-Aviv, the invited metropolis, which will take place at a later date. The number of places is limited to 10 companies (two appointments per SME).
You must first register online, enter your personal information and proceed with the payment.
Mrs. will contact you. Alexia Barbier (email@example.com) to give you more information on the progress of the two B2B meetings.
After that, your registration needs to be approved by our team to ensure that your profile meets the needs of the companies in the invited metropolis*.
* If two B2B meetings do not take place, we will pay you.
Once the two B2B meetings have been approved, you will receive official confirmation of the meeting date and time assigned to you **.
- Please note that B2B meetings will take place outside of the event on May 26, 2021.
- This service is intended for individual meetings with companies.
This initiative will allow you to:
- Understand the business context in Tel-Aviv and Montreal;
- Discover short and medium business opportunities in deep technology in these two cities;
- Understand how to rise above the crisis through cooperation and partnership and the importance of strategic alliances to pursue your business around the world;
- Benefit from advice from experts and companies active in Tel-Aviv and Montreal.
Who is this event for?
- To Montreal and Quebec exporting companies in the field of technology;
- To companies in Tel-Aviv and Israel that export in the field of technologies.